Sunday, March 09, 2008

List #9: Places I'd like to visit

Some of these places are places I'd like to return. Others, I've ever been to.

1. Japan - anywhere. I'd like to take a long tour of the whole country - if I could somehow afford it. I've been through the airport so many times, and each time the plane takes off, I tell myself that I should get off and stay a few days before going onward.

2. Luangnamtha, Laos - I have friends up there, and everyone raves about it. But it seems that I only visit different places in Laos if I have work to do there. And then, I only get to see the work I'm working on!

3. I'd like to return to the places I visited in India in 1988 - Calcutta, Jaipur, Jaisalmer, Dharamsala. I stayed in Dharamsala, currently where the Dalai Lama's house and the Tibetan government in exile is located. I stayed there for a month, spending time in the wonderful Buddhist calendar and sitting in meditation classes. India is both the most wonderful place in the world, and the worst.

4. Vietnam - it's next door and I got there at least once/ year. There's so much to see. I'd like to spend more time in the south next time I get to take a vacation.

5. Mongolia - that would be so exotic. And difficult travel.

6. I'd like to go to China - but I can't even wrap my mind around where I'd like to go, the country is just so big.

7. Some friends of mine have talked about taking the Orient Express across China to Moscow, traveling around before and after, but while we make plans for 'next year,' it hasn't happened yet.

8. Greece

9. Turkey

10. And too many other places!

No comments: