Just in case anyone thought that living in an exotic country means you do exotic things, here the list of mundane things that everyone faces, around the world:
1. Get a haircut. While getting a shampoo and a head massage is a nice plus to any haircut, having an audience, especially one that wants to touch the foreigner's hair, means you really have to get your strength up. I vow to get sheared this week - with hot season coming up, I just can't deal with my shaggy mop.
2. Pay my internet and utility bills. Yes, we have both utilities as well as bills.
3. Go through the mounds of documents in my office and decide which can be recycled and which to file.
4. Go to the bank. That's related to item #2.
5. Meet with staff and make out the March work plan. Yes, there is work in paradise.
6. Come back to this list on Thursday and see what got done.
7. Friday is a substitution holiday because International Women's Day is on Saturday.