I like watching sunrises and sunsets, though sunsets are probably more realistic since I'm already awake.
1. From the top of the Pakse hotel, with all the city at my feet and the light glittering off the Mekong River.
2. At Wat Meuang Wa in Vientiane - I stay near there so its a ten second walk to the levee by the river. While the river can be just plain brown or gray during the day, when the sun sets, it takes on all the colors.
3. Somewhere in the rice fields in Salavan. If there's water in the fields, it reflects the colors of the sky.
4. At the Plain of Jars in Xieng Khouang. Every time I go there, the sky is a different color and textures.
5. Lumphini Park in Bangkok - this is the biggest park in the center of Bangkok, where it's easy to forget you're in such a polluted metropolitan area.