Friday, March 28, 2008

March Books update on my TBR challenge

I read about this book challenge on Names Have Been Changed
Anyway, since I'm always trying to read at least one hundred books per year, I'm giving it a shot as part of the The TBR Challenge

March: Somehow I end up reading the books that are in front of me, and forgetting to read the books on this list. I just finished Farthing by Jo Walton, which gets five stars and rates a separate review.

I've also read this month:
Stones from the River by Ursula Hegi
A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula LeGuin
The Tombs of Atuan by Ursula LeGuin
Rainbow's End by Vernor Vinge


My list of twelve books is:
1. The White Castle by Orhan Pamuk read in Feb
2. The Pakistani Bride by Bapsi Sidhwa - XK
3. Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott - currently carrying around with me
4. Mortals by Norman Rush read in Jan
5. Carnival by Elizabeth Bear Vte
6. The Vision of Emma Blau by Ursula Hegi - XK
7. Was by Geoff Ryman SLV
8. The Biographer's Moustache by Kingsley Amis
9. Brasyl by Ian MacDonald Vte
10. The War of the Nerves by Ben Sheppard SLV
11. Baghdad Burning II by Riverbend SLV
12. A Door into Ocean by Joan Slonczewski read in Feb SLV


Alternative Books:
1. In the Spirit of Crazy Horse by Peter Matthiessen
2. The Girls Guide to Hunting and Fishing by Melissa Bank
3. Shriek: an Afterword by Jeff Vandermeer - XK
4. Ammonite by Nicola Griffith SLV
5. The King of Torts by John Grisham XK
6. Dark Sun by Richard Rhodes Vte
7. Gate of the Sun by Elias Khoury SLV
8. Black Lamb and Grey Falcon by Rebecca West XK
9. The Terrorist by John Updike Vte
10. Farthing by Jo Walton - read in March
11. Wandering through Vietnamese Culture by Huu Ngoc Vte
12. Espresso Tales by Alexander McCall Smith SLV


I'm going to see if I can keep pulling this entry through the months as I read the books.

No comments: