Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Excitement?


palmyra palms in vapi, originally uploaded by c_p_lew.

There's this one section of road that reminds me so much of the area around Khampong Chham in Cambodia.Quite tired after our exciting day. At 11 pm, just as I was about to go to sleep, the landlord's four dogs started going nuts, barking like crazy. Worried that they had cornered a chicken, I ran outside and saw them surrounding something in the yard. I flashed my flashlight on it - it was a COBRA, sitting in the cobra-ready-to-strike position. The dogs were alternating jumping at it, jumping back and prancing all around it. I threw my flip-flops at them, before realizing that I hadn't hit anything and now my flip-flops are stuck in the yard. The snake slowly slithered into the wood pile and disappeared - though the dogs are on alert.

I just hope cobras can't climb into houses.

I'm not sure how much sleep I'll get tonight.

No comments: