Saturday, September 27, 2008

Skywatch Friday for 26 September

swf.jpg


It's getting to the end of the rainy season so the skies are dramatic - gray mornings followed by clear skies. We have some great sunsets like this one:

sunset on Mekong


I took the above picture of the Mekong River from the levee near my house.

Sybounheung Buddha


The villagers built a wall of sandbags to protect these Buddha images from the floods. The hacked Bodhi tree and the sandbags give the temple a besieged look.

palms


I took this picture in the early morning earlier this week. Rainy season is coming to an end.

This is my contribution to an international group of people who post pictures of skies over at Skywatch Friday

13 comments:

stan said...

I haven checked out Laos' side of the Mekong yet. Done Thailand and Vietnam's edges of the river tho. What do you do there?

DeniseinVA said...

Beautiful photos.

Guy D said...

The first pic is outstanding, really enjoyed my visit

Cheers

http://reginainpictures.blogspot.com/

Rose said...

That first photo is wonderful!

Mary said...

Whoa are those clouds just stunning!!!

Tootie said...

Very nice photos!

imac said...

Beautiful photos.

GMG said...

Hi Chanpheng! Here I am to enjoy your lovely blog on my weekly visit! And this week we have again some wonderful pictures.
Your contribution to the Skywatch is great!
Now, aren't you boiling too much chicken? Poor cats... ;))
Look forward to reading you at Blogtrotter, now back in Chania!
Have a great weekend!

Laura ~Peach~ said...

lovely The colors in the first shot are just dreamy!

Arija said...

Thank you for sharing these photos. Floods must be so much worse than fire, with fire there is a great and dirty clean up but at least no silt or rotting carpets and memories.
I'm glad local action saved the Buddhas.

Louise said...

Love your skies. The first photo is magnificent!

J. said...

Hey Chanpenh - thanks for reading talesfromethehood.blogspot.com and for leaving a comment.

I've looked at your blog(s) as well. Must say, I'm a bit envious of one who lives in Xieng Khouang... I haven't been there since 1994. Expect it's changed some.

Thanks again. Keep checking back.

GMG said...

Hi Chanpheng! Here I am on my weekly visit! But this week we have no news; good news?
Have a great weekend!
Blogtrotter, now waiting for you Deep in Crete!