Saturday, October 22, 2011

Snow designs

I usually say this several times/ year - wow, it's been a long time since I posted something. I also decided to try these new designs. I kinda like this mountain design right now. While I was back in the US over the past two months, I kept reflecting - I haven't seen snow for ages (The last time was on the train in Oregon in 2003), and the last time I was out in it was in 1995.

I was standing at REI in Seattle, after having bought socks (strange thing to buy since I don't wear socks very often in Lao, but the cold season is approaching) and saw people with their purchases of snow gear and cross-country skis. I suddenly got a great yearning for staying in the US and engaging in snow sports.

The feeling didn't last long - and I'm back here in Lao. In spite of the end of the rainy season (and when the air should turn cold for several months), the temperatures were sweltering yesterday.

No comments: