Monday, December 31, 2007

My Resolution #1: Book List of Must Reads in 2007

I read about this book challenge on Names Have Been Changed
Anyway, since I'm always trying to read at least one hundred books per year, I'm giving it a shot as part of the The TBR Challenge

My list of twelve books is:
1. The White Castle by Orhan Pamuk
2. The Pakistani Bride by Bapsi Sidhwa
3. Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott
4. Mortals by Norman Rush
5. Carnival by Elizabeth Bear
6. The Vision of Emma Blau by Ursula Hegi
7. Was by Geoff Ryman
8. The Biographer's Moustache by Kingsley Amis
9. Brasyl by Ian MacDonald
10. The War of the Nerves by Ben Sheppard
11. Baghdad Burning II by Riverbend
12. A Door into Ocean by Joan Slonczewski

Alternative Books:
1. In the Spirit of Crazy Horse by Peter Matthiessen
2. The Girls Guide to Hunting and Fishing by Melissa Bank
3. Shriek: an Afterword by Jeff Vandermeer
4. Ammonite by Nicola Griffith
5. The King of Torts by John Grisham
6. Dark Sun by Richard Rhodes
7. Gate of the Sun by Elias Khoury
8. Black Lamb and Grey Falcon by Rebecca West
9. The Terrorist by John Updike
10. Farthing by Jo Walton
11. Wandering through Vietnamese Culture by Huu Ngoc
12. Espresso Tales by Alexander McCall Smith

Most of these books I've had knocking around in my book cases in Xieng Khouang for a while. It's time to finally get them read.

1 comment:

Most Prepossessing said...

12 books is a great goal! I enjoyed The Girls Guide To Hunting and Fishing when I read it a few years ago.